Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Perfect Iced Coffee (the Pioneer Women says so)


Friends!  How was your weekend?  Saturday I went to the MU football game (for about 5 minutes) it was 95 degrees outside and very, very, very uncomfortable.  My sister, my mom and I enjoyed the second half from the couch.  We. Are. Wimps.  And proud of it.  The good news is it has remarkably cooled off, I think the high today is 75.  *happy dance*

Any who, here in the Midwest 95 degree weather is not rare, unfortunately.  Here is how I survive:  I drink lots and lots of delicious iced coffee.  Seriously, I have an addiction.  I love coffee, fancy coffee (lattes and such), iced coffee, hot coffee, etc.  But this is my FAVORITE:



I love this iced coffee so much!  I actually made it last year before I know PW had a recipe but I feel I have more authority if she endorses it.  No, I’m not kissing up, I just love her.  Check out the Perfect Iced Coffee recipe, and get brewing.  

My favorite variation: 

-I add 3 or 4 pumps of Starbucks vanilla syrup
-I fill my cup up ¾ of the way with coffee
-Then I top it off with half and half (ignore your gut feeling that this is very unhealthy).  

 I discovered this drink at Dunn Brothers late last summer and my sister and I made a point to get one every day, at least once sometimes twice…hundreds of dollars and calories later I am making my own and feeling quite proud if I do say so myself.  

Enjoy!  :) 

(Photo from Pioneer Woman)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...