Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Update..No this is not SNL



How was every one's weekend? Mine was busy, to say the least! Saturday, I headed east to St. Louis for a bachelorette party, and the answer is YES, there was a party bus. (If you've never been on a party bus, your life is seriously missing something, honestly). It was great to see friends who I hadn't seen in a while and let loose. My least favorite part? The long drive and massive headache that followed. Minor details, I suppose. I also made a quick pit stop at Trader Joe's and picked up some cheap wine (Two Buck Chuck, I love you) and some delish salsa. I really wish we had a Trader Joe's in Columbia! Are the grocery store gods listening?

For mother's day my parents hosted a family BBQ, complete with lovely weather and lots of pretty flowers. My dad smoked a few chickens, which might be one of the main reasons my dad was put on this earth..just saying, he's got skills. He also whipped up a loaded potato salad, we picked up this recipe from our chef friend Matt a few months ago, and homemade ice cream. I'll post the potato salad recipe later, but think..bacon, egg, and potatoes...go ahead, do it. For my beloved momma, my sister and I picked out some fancy perfume (Donna Karan to be exact), and printed the quote above and displayed it in a pretty antique frame. I had heard this quote before and liked it, but had no idea it was Abraham Lincoln. What can I say? I'm a sucker for sentimental gifts. It was a beautiful day.

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. Till next time, lovelies.

(Photobooth photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...